My background is in manufacturing, sales and marketing having spent twenty years within the pottery and import / distribution industry, at Director level. Adrian still operates a small hobby-business and keeps a hands-on approach to the needs of growing company’s. Experience in the delivery of workshops, 1-2-1 support over the last ten years has bought him into contact with a diverse cross section of the small business community.
My main strength lies in finding workable solutions for growing small business where funding is lean
Present responsibilities within East Riding of Yorkshire Council – Business Services Manager
1. Team leader for nine Business Adviser and Managed workspace staff, the role involves promotion of impartial business advice to any business in the East Riding of Yorkshire, including planning and delivery of pre-start and start-up workshop programmes, assisting SME company growth by giving a comprehensive overview of Business Planning, Marketing and Selling as well as supplying generic information and signposting to partners, including professional advisors.
• Workshop delivery sessions
2. Initiating and supporting the development and operation of business networks throughout the market town hubs in the East Riding.
3. Promoting self-employment, as an option
4. Working with partners and specialists to provide the highest level of client care
5. Lead for the 2015 – 20120 ERDF SME business support programme
6. Development new methods of reaching rural communities to provide business support
Since leaving mainstream commerce to come to the East Riding, I have undertaken formal standard. I take an active interest in the Yorkshire and Humber Enterprise Agency network. East Riding of Yorkshire Council has a policy of continuous improvement and the provision of a wide range of training to employees, covering the latest Equalities and Diversity, health and safety, effective media interaction, presentation skills, IT and communications.
Yorkshire and Humber
One-to-one, Telephone, Online (Email)
|Can support with:||
Business Development, Business Planning, Growth, Sales and Marketing, Starting Up
Manufacturing / Engineering, Marketing / Advertising, Professional / Business Services, Trades, Wholesale
|SFEDI Approved Business Support Qualification(s)||
ILM/SFEDI Business Adviser